It's hard to put in real work when you're already good at it. Simply because you're already good at it.
Why even bother showing up when you're already better than most people? Why even bother going to the training sessions? Why even bother putting in 80% of your time to achieve the remaining 20%?
And that's what makes it so hard to go all in on your strengths. It's just so pretty damn hard to improve.
It's hard to see and recognize those tiny bits of improvements. The learning curve is pretty flat already. And if you don't see any improvements, if your results today don't seem to be any better than yesterday's results it's hard to build momentum. It's hard to motivate yourself. To keep going. To keep pushing.
On the other hand when you start from the bottom, when you start from a position of weakness everything you'll do will basically build momentum. You'll see improvements and results a lot faster. The learning curve is a lot steeper.
The real challenge when working on the things you might perceive as weakness is to get over the fear of not being good enough. Of not having what it takes. Of not being experienced enough.
At the end of the day the way to mastery is tough. No matter if you bet on your strengths or decide to develop your weaknesses.
And what looks like a blessing today might turn into a curse tomorrow.
Just like something that looks like a curse today might turn into a blessing tomorrow...